Executive Assistant to the CEO and Office Manager
We're looking for a bright, enthusiastic and experienced person to join our wonderful team of Webmarteers at our Barnsley Yellow Shed. This is a challenging and varied new role combining the roles of executive assistant to our CEO and Barnsley office manager.
You’ll be responsible for organising (and often juggling!) the diary of a very busy (Bicester-based) CEO. You’ll be the go-to person for everything relating to the CEO’s diary and travel arrangements – and able to handle last minute/second changes in your stride.
As office manager, you'll be involved with everything you'd expect to keep a small but perfectly formed office working at its optimum - managing everything from maintenance and cleaning contractors to human resources and utilities. You'll also be happy assisting with the admin work generated by our Barnsley team.
- Independently schedule and coordinate CEO’s diary and meetings with senior internal and external stakeholders, including clients, suppliers, trade associations and other professional bodies.
- Help to develop and coordinate agendas for meetings, recording and distributing notes and action items when required.
- Logistical coordination of multiple and sometimes complex travel arrangements and keep related records up to date.
- Sort email and written information to determine appropriate resolution and routing. Draft responses on behalf of executive as appropriate. Edit and type letters and memos from rough drafts or notes, and compose replies as directed.
- Act as the gatekeeper to screen inbound phone calls for the CEO to determine resolution or routing.
- Coordinate timely internal actions and activities on behalf of the CEO - including coordination with our Bicester office for visitors and tours.
- Remotely managing CEO's out-tray.
- Handle highly confidential information pertaining to internal, client and supplier stakeholders.
- Provide leadership within the team and act as a key-resource on general administrative matters across Webmart.
- Seek and propose administrative processes and efficiencies.
- Prepare written reports and/or presentations for management.
- Act as a mentor to less-experienced administrative support staff as appropriate.
- Create and prepare overheads, slides and all related handout materials required for formal presentation to senior-level audiences.
- Monitor supplies of office equipment to ensure adequate stock levels and proper operation of office hardware. Build relationships with purchasing and/or outside vendors to arrange for restocking of supplies and equipment servicing.
- Effectively maintain the company’s electronic filing system which includes highly confidential information; and display the discretion that is required from exposure to such information.
- Participate in or lead special projects as and when requested – this will include the preparation of PowerPoint presentations as well as overseeing the project-related activities of others involved.
- Minimum five years’ experience ideally working for a Managing Director.
- Touch typing at 55wpm or more.
- Proficient Office 365 user (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Natural multi-tasker who can juggle more than one thing at once.
- Analytically and geographically strong with an ability to organise ‘route’ efficient diaries .
- Maturity - ability to adapt style between Senior MD level personnel and junior associates.
- Confident communicator – requirement to understand how to deploy these skills in different circumstances dependent on your audience.
What we offer:
- A truly competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday + your birthday off!
- 2% Pension contribution.
- Company bonus scheme.
- Free onsite parking (though we encourage our staff to be as green as possible and use public transport if they can).
- A generally awesome place to work.
What sort of person are you?
- Self-confident enough to manage upwards when required, with tact and diplomacy.
- Able to get stuck in and have a laugh with others in the office, while still getting the job done.
- A ‘can do’ attitude - positive, proactive, solution-oriented nature.
- Flexible – ability to multi task and re-prioritise quickly as required.
- Ability to forward plan and identify pressure points or ways of improvement.
- Sense of pride in their work and how they conduct themselves.