All about Advertising Mail
Advertising Mail is a product offered by Royal Mail to offer discounts to organisations who use mail to advertise products or services. That makes it a great, cost-effective, way to reach customers with your printed marketing materials.
So here’s some key points you should know when you’re planning your Advertising Mail campaign.
There are options to deliver in the same timescales as first or second class mail for smaller mail drops, or for larger mailings, an economy 4 working day option.
It’s also backed by MailMark reporting which offers your business real-time insight into the exact stages your mailings are at. So, for example, you could see whether it’s at a national distribution centre or if it’s scheduled for distribution – giving you accurate data to staff-up or prepare your warehouse.
There are a few great features of Advertising Mail from a marketer’s perspective:
- First up is that it’s particularly effective for brand building; exposing customers to your brand in a really tactile and meaningful way and in a format that reaches them when they’re at their most relaxed: in the home.
- And of course, like all post, it offers amazing coverage of the UK population, delivering on six days of the week to over 30 million addresses.
- Unlike digital, it can be made entirely environmentally friendly (in fact, climate positive) – especially if you use Webmart’s Enviromail climate positive UK postage option.
- Advertising Mail is usually entirely data-driven, targeting your house list of customers to up- or cross-sell, or finding new customers by geodemographic profiling or postcode matching.
- Advertising Mail – and direct mail in general – can have some stunning results when working as part of your digital or integrated campaign too. Scroll to the bottom to find some case studies of how direct mail has worked for brands – or find some key stats in the sidebar.